أضف الرد 

تقييم الموضوع:
  • 0 أصوات - بمعدل 0
Sharks’ Meier gets disciplined for decking Canucks’ defenseman
11-14-2017, 07:55 AM
مشاركة : #1
Sharks’ Meier gets disciplined for decking Canucks’ defenseman
403.67 fine Sunday for hitting Vancouver Canucks defenseman Michael Del Zotto in the chin with the butt end of his stick during the Sharks 5-0 win at SAP Center Saturday.,Timo Meier received a $2

Get Sharks news in your inbox. Sign up now for the free Sharks Report newsletter.

Meier received a five-minute major (elbowing) and a game misconduct penalty at 18:37 of the third period for turning around and clocking Del Zotto with the nob of his stick after the Canucks defenseman sent him down to the ice with a hit along the boards.

DeBoer appears to be buying himself as much time as possible before he makes a decision about whether to play Martin or up-and-coming defenseman Joakim Ryan alongside reigning Norris Trophy winner Brent Burns on the Sharks blue line.,At this point

The Sharks coach said Martin will not be in the lineup when his team squares off with the Vancouver Canucks at SAP Center Saturday night.

” DeBoer said,adidas Brent Burns jersey,“That’s kind of a moving target, in regards to Martin’s return date. “A lot of that’s in his hands, the last thing we want is a setback., his and our trainers. Again

“The first step is get him healthy, but we’re not even there yet.”, and then we’ll make decisions

though,On Monday, Martin, said his surgically-repaired ankle is healthy enough to play. It was just a matter of getting a full week of practice under his belt to improve his timing and conditioning., who’s been on injured reserve since Oct. 12

“Joakim’s game is a little different. It’s not on offense, and moving the puck,” DeBoer said. “It’s time and space, and positioning. Being able to do a little bit of everything.”, and gap, and angles

f the Sharks were to activate Martin, and give him the nod over Ryan, where he could play top-line minutes instead of sitting in the press box and accumulating rust., the 24-year-old blue liner would likely return to the Barracuda

it’s unclear whether a reassignment to the AHL is what’s best for Ryan and the Sharks.,But at this point

On one hand, Ryan has already mastered the AHL, ranking third on the team in scoring (49 points) and fourth in the league in plus/minus (plus-27). His growth needs to take place at the NHL level., leading the Barracuda in shots last season (185)

At the same time, Ryan’s continued presence in the Sharks lineup could give general manager Doug Wilson some trade options as the winter progresses. Everyone is looking for blue-line depth, it will only increase his value on the market., and if Ryan continues to play with consistency

“I really have no control or say over what happens, Pete’s going to play whoever he wants to play and do whatever he thinks is best. I really can’t do much more than just worry about myself,” Ryan said. “Obviously, do my best to stay there.”, worry about my game, and every time I’m in the lineup

If Ryan can stay in the lineup and maintain DeBoer’s trust over a longer stretch of games, shedding his $4.85 million salary and freeing up the cap space to take a charge at a pending-unrestricted free agent at the trade deadline or over the summer.,Authentic Steven Stamkos jersey, it could give Wilson the option of shipping Martin out to a team in need of a veteran defenseman

Although Ryan is pushing for his job, which usually translates into wins., Martin said he’s “happy” that the young defenseman is finding success because it gives the Sharks more options

Martin isn’t concerned about being leapfrogged on the Sharks depth chart or traded during the season.

“The most important thing is winning games. Once you start getting into all that other stuff, you don’t bring your best self to the rink, but you always know you’ll be playing somewhere regardless of what happens.”,” Martin said. “I really like it here

More specifically,000-gallon saltwater aquarium located in SAP Center’s BMW Lounge., Friday’s episode of Animal Planet’s hit reality TV show will feature the newly-built 2

Now in its sixth season,adidas Sidney Crosby jersey, “Tanked” follows the operations of Las Vegas-based Acrylic Tank Manufacturing, many for big-name celebrities.,Authentic Brent Burns jersey, owned by brothers-in-law Brett Raymer and Wayde King. They’ve made a name for themselves by designing extraordinary aquariums

the Sharks call upon King and Raymer to whip up a special aquarium — complete with the team’s logo and sharks — to kick off the NHL season. The episode was taped in mid-September and early October.,In Friday’s episode

According to the Sharks and Animal Planet, former Sharks player Douglas Murray,Authentic Joe Thornton jersey,Tim Heed, as well as a scene with Sharks players Ryan Carpenter, the show will include appearances by Sharks Chief Operating Officer John Tortora, and Barclay Goodrow firing pucks at the acrylic glass used to create the tank.

Scenes will also feature shots from inside SAP Center,adidas Vladimir Tarasenko jersey, the iconic Shark head, of course, and, including the Sharks locker room, with team mascot S.J. Sharkie.

Aaron Dell helped the San Jose Sharks keep up their dominance of the Vancouver Canucks.

Dell stopped 41 shots for his second career shutout as the Sharks beat the Canucks for the sixth straight time, 5-0 on Saturday night.

"You continue to believe in yourself and never give up," Dell said. "It takes a lot of hard work."

Logan Couture and Chris Tierney each scored twice, and Tomas Hertl had a goal and an assist as San Jose won for the fifth time in six games. The Sharks swept all five games of last year's series from the Canucks and picked up where they left off.

Dell delivered a highlight-reel save with just over five minutes remaining. The Sharks turned the puck over in their own zone,With San Jose leading 2-0, with the Canucks getting two clear shots before Dell's glove save kept the puck out of the net.

"Their goalie played well. We didn't deserve to be shut out but that's how it goes sometimes. You run into a hot goalie," Canucks defenseman Derrick Poulet said. "Short-handed goals are momentum killers for sure. And on the power plays you have to find a way to put a couple in the net. It's a big thing."

Couture and Tierney added empty-net goals in the final two minutes, and Tierney converted his first penalty try in three attempts with 12.2 seconds left.

Jacob Markstrom stopped 26 of 29 shots for Vancouver, which has lost three of four.

For the second game in a row, the Sharks scored within the first minute. Hertl had a shot by Justin Braun glance off his skate and into the net off Markstrom's pads. He has seven points in his last six games against Vancouver.

"It's a lucky goal but I'll take it," Hertl said. "It was really a hard game. It was 2-0 until the final two minutes."

Couture added a goal late in the second period. Hertl won the puck along the board during a Canucks power play and floated a pass to the streaking Couture, when the Sharks were shut out the rest of the way,Unlike the last game, who beat Markstrom 1-on-1 for the Sharks' first short-handed goal of the season.

"It's always nice to contribute offensively," Couture said. "I thought everybody played great."

San Jose Sharks forward Timo Meier has been fined for elbowing Vancouver defenseman Michael Del Zotto.

The NHL announced Sunday that Meier will be fined $2,403.67 for the infraction. The play occurred late in the third period of San Jose's 5-0 win over the Canucks on Saturday night. Meier was assessed a major penalty for elbowing and a game misconduct.

the power play went 0-for-4 and the team produced a dismal 41.3 percent possession rating. But they earned two points on the backs of their second-consecutive first-minute goal,The Sharks surrendered 41 shots on goal, three shorthanded tallies and a Herculean effort from backup goalie Aaron Dell.

“In an 82-game season you’ve got to win all kinds of different ways,” head coach Pete DeBoer said. “We’ve lost pretty and I’ll take an ugly win any day over a pretty loss.”

Here’s what we learned as the Sharks (9-6) got back in the win column against the Vancouver Canucks (8-7) at SAP Center.

1. Timo Meier could face supplemental discipline from the NHL.

Timo Meier could be hearing from the NHL Department of Player Safety Sunday.

Meier received an elbowing major and a game misconduct penalty at 18:37 of the third period for jabbing the butt end of his stick into the chin of Canucks defenseman Michael Del Zotto, Authentic Vladimir Tarasenko jersey,dropping him to the ice.

suggesting that the team could be expecting some supplemental discipline for Meier,The Sharks recalled forward Kevin Labanc from the AHL Barracuda for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center, adidas Joe Thornton jersey,whether it’s a suspension or a fine.

Dell is proving that he’s a bonafide NHL goaltender in his second season,After producing a .931 save percentage and a 2.00 goals-against average in 20 appearances as Martin Jones’ backup last season, improving his career save percentage to .931 in 26 games Saturday by earning the second shutout of his career with a career-high 41 saves.

” DeBoer said. “He had an exceptional season last year and followed it up with a great training camp,,adidas Steven Stamkos jersey,“I’ve been there for a while now, and every time we’ve put him in there he’s given us good games. He’s a big part of our team.”

Dell put on a clinic against the Canucks making a number of remarkable saves to preserve a narrow lead before the Sharks scored three goals in the game’s final 1:41 to blow it open.

he robbed Derek Dorsett with his glove on a two-on-one play. Early in the third,Late in the first, Dell made a flurry of mind-boggling stops starting with a pad save on a point shot from Derrick Pouliot, he made a pad save on Sam Gagner after he managed to get alone in front. In the second,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey, another pad save on Loui Eriksson’s rebound attempt,adidas Jake Guentzel jersey, and after he got turned around in his own net, he made a no-look save on Alex Edler with his right skate.

” Dell said. “Fortunately, but I just got as big as I could and hoped it hit me,Authentic Jake Guentzel jersey,“I didn’t really see where (the puck) went, it did.”
البحث عن مشاركات العضو
رد مع اقتباس
أضف الرد 

التنقل السريع :

الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع: 1 زائر